Frequently Asked Questions
Below you find a handful of commonly asked questions. If you have a Question and it is not answered below, please call or email us. We're here to help!
Q: Can Coastal Staffing Help with my Safety Programs and Training?
A: HOW TO HAVE AN OSHA COMPLIANT SAFETY PROGRAM
The foundation of a successful safety program is compliance with OSHA laws, but that’s only the beginning. Part of the Coastal approach to safety management is to stress the importance of creating a good safety culture at your workplace.
WHAT'S YOUR SAFETY CULTURE & PROGRAM LIKE?
Have our highly experienced safety consultants conduct an on-site safety inspection of your facility or job sites to determine the cracks in your company's safety program and to provide guidance and assistance on filling in the gaps.
WE'LL DEVELOP YOUR CUSTOM OSHA COMPLIANT SAFETY PROGRAM ACCORDING TO YOUR COMPANY'S APPLICABLE OSHA STANDARDS
• What would OSHA say about your company's safety program?
• Contact us for a free phone consultation to get started
• New clients will complete an audit with Coastal to gather company specific information to custom write your programs
• We can also assist you through the contractor pre-qualification process
WE'LL HELP YOU IMPLEMENT YOUR SAFETY PROGRAM & TRAIN EMPLOYEES
• Help preventing injuries or abating OSHA fines
• Training on customized safety and health programs and/or equipment in accordance to applicable OSHA standards
• Train your management staff in order to promote and build a safety culture which will reduce operating costs
• Mock OSHA inspections and much more!
WE'LL MAINTAIN YOUR OSHA COMPLIANCE WITH OUR SAFETY TRAINING & COMPREHENSIVE MANAGEMENT
• Safety and Health Training
• OSHA Outreach 10- & 30-Hour Programs
• Ergonomics Training & Office Safety
• Routine Facility Inspections – Written & Photographic Detail
• Emergency Action Plan & Evacuation Mapping
• Emergency Drill Facilitator
• Injury Case Management
• Accident Investigation – Including RCA & Reenactment video/animation
• Employee Safety Certifications – Fire watch, hole watch, bottle watch, and more
• Written program updates and maintenance
• Equipment Training – Written & Proficiency
• Specialty Craft Training – Pipefitting, Welding, Rigging, boiler making
• Staff of safety professionals at your fingertips to help with any safety questions
• Let Coastal keep you informed with OSHA changes
A rock-solid, OSHA compliant safety program looks different for each company. No matter where your company’s safety program currently stands, we encourage you to contact us today so that we can help you to determine what your company needs to do to become OSHA compliant, beef up your safety program, or to go over and above and achieve VPP status.
Contact us today to learn more!!!
Business Development Manager
Q: Does Coastal Staffing charge their employees a fee for placing them on assignments?
A: No. Coastal Staffing does not charge their employees a fee or take any percentage out of their check for finding them a job!
Q: How long do temporary assignments last?
A: Although some assignments can last for a few days to a year, the average length of an assignment typically lasts three to four months!
Q: What types of positions does Coastal Staffing place employees on?
A: Coastal Staffing places positions at all levels from entry level to executive!
Q: Why do companies use staffing agencies to hire temporary employees?
A: Companies use staffing agencies to save time and money on recruiting costs by allowing the staffing agency to screen, interview, and hire qualified employees for them. Hiring an employee takes valuable time and money to post ads and interview many candidates. Companies also use staffing agencies to payroll the temporary employees for a period of time, usually three to four months, and then decide whether they are a good fit for their hiring needs. If they are a good fit, then they hire them on permanently! This process allows the company to try the employee out through the staffing agency first and then make a permanent hiring decision.
Q: Why do employees go to staffing agencies to look for a job?
A: There are many reasons why employees register with a staffing firm to get help in finding a job. Candidates may be new to the area and may need help in finding a job. Staffing agencies are the best resource to find the right career path for job seekers, because most companies outsource positions to staffing agencies!